Commercial Manager (M&E)
As part of an exciting company expansion project my client are seeking a Commercial Manager to join our Commercial Department.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of surveyors to provide commercial services to the company to industry practice.
- Development of commercial reporting, administration, communication and ERP processes to industry best practices and the business needs currently and in the future.
- Establish good relationships with PQSs in order to agree final accounts.
- Deal with suppliers and subcontractors during the procurement process, where necessary, in order to get the best value for Designer Group.
- Development in conjunction with the commercial director best in class contract documentation for use with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Constantly developing the QS side of the business to make Designer Group the most efficient company in the sector.
- Oversee the inputting of budgets and running of projects through the RedSky Job Costing System. Liaise monthly with Contracts Managers regarding meeting budgets on projects.
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Measurement of work to maximise the value of applications to our clients.
- Administer applications for payment and payment of sub contractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors with particular emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc.
- Prepare tender risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed most, forecasts costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc,
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flows feeding up to a master company cash flow.
- Set up and maintain variation logs with feed into costs as outlined above for all client variations and sub-contractors variations, including the management and agreement of such variations.
- Review site programmes in respect to delays, disruption, damage and sub -contract program.
- Ensure that the client relationships are enhance to maximise on current and future opportunities.
- Identify, analyse and develop Reponses to commercial risks in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in-line with company formats and standards.
- Provide advise on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting.
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally at all times.
- Preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team / client / meetings etc.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
Email cv firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey Hayden 0876351191