Our client are a leading Irish global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company who operates in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, they provides a range of construction services to infrastructure sectors including rail, water, power and natural resources.
They have skilled expertise in delivering pipelines, process engineering, design, marine, tunnelling, fabrication, bridges and piling. We also invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
They now have a requirement for a Senior Operations Manager with Production experience to join one of their expanding Ireland based teams.
Responsible for the successful execution of operational activities on multiple projects, contracts or full framework. Responsible for end-to-end delivery from pre-construction to close-out including client management. Responsible for achieving business targets in area of responsibility and management of all aspects of delivery in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Establish and promote best practice in health, safety, quality, sustainability and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department including the development of area improvement plans, the setting and delivery of area targets and the carrying out of leadership tours.
• Establish, assign and supervise a suitable organisation to deliver projects/contracts/frameworks within area of responsibility.
• Ensure, in conjunction with Human Capital, that staff and workforce are sufficiently competent, experienced and supported, to carry out the roles they have been assigned to ensure the agreed quota of apprentices and graduates are recruited into the business annually to provide the necessary talent pool for success.
• Specifically identify the nature of any experience arising from projects and make provision for retention and transfer both during the execution of the project and project completion.
• Overall responsibility for the delivery of projects/contracts/frameworks within area of responsibility in accordance with contract requirements, SHESQ, technical and quality requirements and commercial targets.
• Develop and maintain the necessary client relationships to support the winning and delivery of work and ensure a minimum of one customer satisfaction survey is undertaken per quarter including a follow-up client discussion to understand outputs and agree actions.
• Ensure sufficient staff are provided to support Work-Winning on an as-needs basis to deliver the necessary future pipeline of work.
• Deliver corporate and operational unit communications within areas of responsibility and receive feedback through regular meetings with operational teams.
• Develop, control and deliver the operational aspects of the Corporate Business Plan and annual targets.
• Ensure regular internal, and where appropriate external, communications are developed to publicises the work undertaken within area of responsibility.
• Carry out all tasks and duties in accordance with the Company's Safety Policy. Ensure that the Company’s and the Customer’s Health and Safety policies are understood and implemented by all operational employees.
To register your interest in this position, please forward your CV in word doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 091 564008.