Business Development Manager
Our client is a medium sized main contractor who have an excellent reputation in delivering construction projects across all sectors.
They currently require a business development professional who has worked for a main contractor or consultancy and is familiar with the tendering and bidding process in the construction industry.
The successful candidate will promote the company, identify, and track relevant business opportunities, and co-ordinate the prequalification and tender process.
Ideally, they will have a construction and marketing related qualification with industry experience, be self-motivated and possess a keen eye for detail having prepared structured presentations and submissions.
- Promote the business on all media platforms to generate lead opportunities
- Implement marketing campaigns
- Maintain and update company web site
- Author, design, update and distribute marketing collateral
- Analyse market opportunities using E-tenders, CIS & Achilles procurement platforms
- Track opportunity pipeline using CRM software and produce weekly progress reports to support the flow of incoming work potential and grow company turnover
- Compile project completion factsheets and B2 Certification of execution
- Maintain competency records to support public procurement the company’s technical bodies affiliation’s and industry accreditations
- Co-ordinate input from internal estimators, PMs and external design teams to deliver timely responses to EOI/ RFTs
- Identify and attend networking events for the company to increase its profile
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivated in identifying new business
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Highly competent in administrative skills and computer literacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with key decision makers
- Familiar with Adobe In-Design graphical software
- High degree of accuracy required in detail and presentation
- Proactive approach to innovation and problem solving
Education & Experience
- Construction or marketing related qualification
- Previous experience in marketing or bid management in the construction industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar business role
- Can demonstrate track-record of developing and converting business opportunity
- Strong understanding of the tender management procedure for public and private sector
To register your interest, please click apply or call John on 353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.