Project Engineer - Software Systems: Gateshead, Newcastle area, UK.
Our client is a dynamic company providing products and solutions for power utilities internationally. It’s products and solutions are primarily focused on renewable energy integration, Smart Grid applications, substation automation and distribution network automation. These include Control, Protection, Smart Metering, Communications and Active Network Management software solutions.
We are recruiting a Project Engineer - Software Systems. This is a key role in a new area for the business delivering IT solutions to customers. The successful candidate must have relevant experience in integrating and delivering software systems, including requirements management, test environments & platforms, system integration, test, QA, and release process. The successful candidate must be capable of analysis and diagnosis of IT / software problems, providing recommendations and implementing corrective solutions as required.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Data engineering from field devices through to the software applications
• Configuration of IT infrastructure
• Interpret clients’ requirements, and engineer, integrate, test and deliver the solution in a professional and timely manner
• Prepare Functional and Test Specifications and agree with customers
• Interface with customers on all technical elements and schedules
• Engage with sub-contractors and external suppliers for integration of project elements
• Building and configuration of customer software
• Software integration testing
• Releasing customer software complete with software release notes
• Software installation and support on customer environments
• System testing including device testing, integration testing, FAT, commissioning, and SAT with documented results
• Configuration management and version control
• Creating appropriate documentation for both internal and external use
• Troubleshooting application and system issues across a broad range of IT and communication systems with an emphasis on Linux environments, virtualisation, security, and networking
• Contribute to development standards, processes, security policies, tools
• Project delivery to agreed schedules
• Provision of after-sales support for projects, including on-site support
Interested applicants should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• Software / IT systems background, particularly desirable is knowledge of server virtualisation, web-services, and Linux OS.
• A proven track record in delivering IT/Software/Automation systems
• A results-driven individual with determination to deliver whilst maintaining professional and technical standards.
• An organiser with a focus on processes and quality assurance of software
• Self-motivated to take ownership of issues and tasks
• Experience of a wide range of tools such as GIT, JIRA, Confluence etc.
• Excellent internal and external communication skills
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Can-do attitude - enthusiastic and willing to learn
• Ability to work well in pressurised situations, resolving incidents inside SLA requirements.
• Experience of AWS environments including set up and maintenance
• Experienced in network communications, routing protocols and VPN's
• Network communications
• Proficient in automation
• Commercial awareness and strives to streamline and reduce costs