Junior IT Support | Staines
Our client is currently recruiting for a Junior IT Support to be based in their head office in Staines.
The server environment, which runs on VMware, consists mainly of Windows 2016/2019, with Exchange 365. There are also a number of application specific appliances. The network backbone consists of Cisco/Avaya/Dell routers and switches. Network administration is done via Hybrid Azure Active Directory and User Manager. The IT Department utilise TeamViewer for remote access to user’s computers. The client environment consists of a mixture of Dell laptops/desktops and Ms Surface devices running Windows 10.
Microsoft Office 365/2016 are the main application used within the company. The company utilises a document management system which is a cloud based system. There are also a number of department specific applications, which also fall under the IT support role.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• accurate and detailed recording of support calls using the Freshdesk ticketing system.
• install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
• monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• replace parts as required
• provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• support the roll-out of new applications
• set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
• work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• escalation of Incidents and Requests within IT department ensuring resolution within SLA.
• prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
• rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
A driving license would be essential.
The client would be looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2/3 years' experience in a dynamic IT Environment with very good communication skills and an ability to work on their own initiative.
To register your interest, please apply online or contact Lukciya at ICDS Recruitment.