SHEQ Advisor- Birmingham
Our SHEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) Department provides group wide services to our client and extended groups. As a SHEQ Advisor, you will be responsible for monitoring on site activities to ensure all employees, sub-contractors and visitors comply with their companies Health and Safety policies.
- Assist project teams in the application of the companies Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Support the management with the delivery of SHEQ objectives
- Complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained;
- Conduct health and safety audits observing workers to ensure they are following company policies and highlight any non-conformances
- Monitor SHEQ performance throughout the business & report to the SHEQ Director;
- Extensive knowledge of SHEQ management systems within a Construction environment;
- Liaise with subcontractors on all Health and Safety snags during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes;
- Assists with the development for SHEQ initiatives;
- Participates in site progress meetings and complete health and safety investigation reports; and;
- Attend regular SHEQ meetings and training as required.
Education / Experience:
- NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction.), as a minimum. (NEBOSH Diploma desirable.)
- A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously.
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes.
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
- Creative flair coupled with the drive to produce bespoke tailored documents that accurately portray and sell the company
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a pro-active attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments.
- Candidates should have the appropriate work permit or the right to work in the UK.
To register your interest, apply online or contact Lukciya at ICDS Recruitment.