Safety Officer – Electrical, Utilities – Monaghan
Our client is a leading Electrical Contractor who have over 30 years’ experience within the building services industry on projects across Ireland and the UK.
Following their success of winning the high profile National Electrical Framework Contract (smart meter upgrades), they have an urgent requirement for a Safety Officer to join the SHEQ team based in Monaghan.
The Safety Officer role includes risk management and continual monitoring of SHEQ related activities across the office and field teams. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and requires strong people management of field and office teams.
Working closely with the Head of SHEQ, you will be responsible for driving the safety culture within a rapidly growing team, implementing robust safety systems and being responsible for keeping these under constant review, refining and improving on them as the contract evolves.
Qualifications and Skills
• Leaving Cert / GCSE in Maths & English.
• Electrical qualification at National Craft Certificate Level 6 or JIB Standard or their equivalents desirable.
• Relevant qualification in Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
• Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
• Knowledge of Electricity Industry, ideally Utilities Sector is desirable.
• A full valid clean EU/UK driving licence.
• Experience in managing safety systems is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system.
• Ability to manage risk and implement control measures.
• Able to work and build strong relationships with office and field team.
• Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations.
• Exemplary attitude to health, safety and wellbeing.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills to effectively liaise with Installers, management and client stakeholders.
• Experience in producing and delivering RAMS & Toolbox talks.
• Good IT skills.
• Team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
• Willing to upskill team and self
• Ability to work as part of a team & work on your own initiative.
• Setting a standard of excellence and lead by example.
This role requires a significant degree of commitment, flexibility, agility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet demanding work deadlines.
On offer is a competitive salary commensurate with the experience and qualifications sought for this role.
To register your interest please apply online or contact George at ICDS