Environmental and Sustainability Advisor | London
Our client is currently recruiting for an Environmental and Sustainability Advisor to be based on their site in London. As the Environmental and Sustainability Advisor, you will be responsible for monitoring on-site activities to ensure all employees, sub-contractors and visitors comply with the company's Environmental policies.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Offer assistance and guidance to Project Managers in drafting and developing site-specific Environmental and Site Waste Management Plans
- To provide onsite engagement, support, and coaching in Environmental and Sustainability procedures
- Collation of Environmental and Sustainability statistics to include carbon, waste, water, and social value
- Liaise with subcontractors on all environmental issues during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes
- Conduct environmental and sustainability audits observing workers to ensure they are following company environmental policies and highlight any non-conformances
- Assists with the development of environmental and sustainability initiatives
- Carrying out Environmental and Sustainability awareness training and toolbox talks
- Assist site teams in promoting environmental/ sustainability principles to ensure compliance and best practice
- Development of Environmental and Sustainability case studies and lessons learned across projects
- Participates in site progress meetings and complete environmental investigation reports; and
- Attend regular SHEQ meetings and training as required.
- Any other duties as required by management.
Education / Experience:
- A degree in an Environmental or Sustainability discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
- Practitioner membership of IEMA or similar
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline-driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously.
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets, and the internet for reporting purposes.
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with a particular focus on accuracy
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a proactive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments.
- Candidates should have the appropriate work permit or the right to work in the UK.
To register your interest, please apply online or contact Lukciya at ICDS Recruitment.