Projects Manager - Gateshead/Newcastle, UK.
Our client is a dynamic company providing products and solutions for power utilities internationally. It’s products and solutions are primarily focused on renewable energy integration, Smart Grid applications, substation automation and distribution automation. These include Control, Protection, Smart Metering, Communications and Active Network Management software solutions.
We are recruiting a Projects Manager who will be responsible for managing customer projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and scope, in line with company goals and objectives.
Current projects are technical automation projects and vary from simple delivery projects to complex IT/software/hardware development projects, and vary in duration from several months to several years.
Interested candidates must have relevant experience in managing all aspects of a project, including clients, resources, quality, safety, risks, budget, schedules, deliverables and be capable of solving problems and adapting to changing circumstances.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Pro-actively manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Maintain clarity on the project scope and deadlines and drive the implementation accordingly
• Plan and manage project resources and schedules
• Manage 3rd party suppliers (software development, hardware supply, panel manufacture)
• Manage project budget, costs, and billing
• Manage project scope and change management
• Represent the company’s interests
• Monitor progress using simple KPIs including milestones and deliverables
• Track, manage and report on progress, problems and solutions
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of execution
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Pro-actively manage risks and contingency plans
Interested applicants should have:
• A qualification in project management or equivalent with several years of relevant, broad engineering experience, and management / leadership experience
• A proven project manager with a track record in managing IT/technical/automation projects
• It is an advantage to have a background in power utility automation or process automation or similar.
• Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects
• A results-driven individual with determination to deliver whilst maintaining professional and technical standards.
• Good business judgment capable of defining priorities and solutions in accordance with the business and customer needs
• An organiser with focus on processes and people management to guarantee on-time completion within budget.
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Planning and organisational skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Commercial awareness
• Teamworking skills
• Negotiation & diplomacy
• Ability to motivate people
• Management and leadership skills
• Ability to handle many varied activities.