Electrical Design Engineer – Dublin
Our client builds and manages complex engineering & construction projects for the world’s leading corporations. Their solutions help deliver technologies and life changing advancements that connect people, communities, and businesses, giving them the power to achieve incredible things.
They deliver their clients’ visions through leading edge construction solutions across multiple sectors, including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, and Technical Support Services (TSS).
- Responsible for ensuring technical compliance on all assigned DC&BS projects.
- Management of asset register from design development through to commissioning handover.
- Assist with setting up design trackers across each project, all projects must follow the same processes.
- Assist with management of Open Drawings for assigned projects.
- Coaching graduate engineers on projects, how to produce tech subs, manage drawing production, issuing of RFI’s, dealing with clients.
- Attending design team meetings, in person or through MSTF teams
- Liaison with the consultants responsible for the design on projects, agree on design deliverables/RACI matrices.
- Complete reviews of client responsibility matrices and ensure alignment with project/commercial team.
- At the beginning of each project meet with package managers and engineers and setup the following:
- Procurement schedule
- Technical submittal register (CSA)
- Drawing register (CSA)
- RFI log
- Deviation tracker
- Lessons learned log
- Design Change Log
- Monitor all schedule and trackers throughout the course of assigned project
- Carry out technical submittal & working drawing reviews with the teams on a scheduled basis
- Assist with workload on the projects you are involved with (Technical submittals, Drawing reviews, RFI’s etc)
- Assist the project teams with better buying – Review orders and ensure best price is obtained.
- Review programme on each project and check technical approvals and procurement is in line with programme requirements.
- Audit the file key at regular intervals as requested by your direct line manager.
- Assist project teams to setup O&M manual index and trackers early in the project.
- Produce report for the projects you are assigned to and issue to direct manager at agreed periods.
- Assist with tenders for new projects when required.
- Assisting the estimating dept and pre-construction team at agreed periods
- Assist commercial dept with scope of works for contracts.
- Assist with setting up the value engineering log for the DC&BS group.
- All other tasks related to Design role that is requested by your direct line manager.
- Attend Central Engineering stage 5 weekly model review meeting.
- Attend monthly Central Engineering F2F meeting.
Please apply online or contact Nithin at ICDS.