DESIGN MANAGER, THE NETHERLANDS
Our client is a European Contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Their determination and focus enable them to deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Enterprise Data Centres, Advanced Technology & Life Sciences, Hyperscale Data Centres, Fire Protection, Technical Support Services (TSS), Data Centre Facility Management, Healthcare & Building Services. Our client employs over 3000 people across over 10 locations in Europe and had an overall turnover of €1.7bn in 2022. Our client employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and ensures that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with client, Project Manager, Design team and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Procure the design from a consultant design partner from initial tender enquiry to appointment.
- Assist Project Manager in incorporating onto a tracking sheet all internal and external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within the project team and design consultant team.
- Collaborate on new design issues/changes and research projects with team.
- Review completed design is accurate and precise.
- Manage design document control.
- Project prioritisation of design, assignment and management to designers.
- Lead with effective supervision an experienced design team to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Closely track design deliverables to ensure project milestones are met.
- Implement recovery strategy if slippage is detected.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning.
- Assist technically internal and external customers.
- Planning, programming and reporting
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize futile work.
- Liaising with clients, insurance companies, consultants and architects.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
- Electrical engineering background preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the Construction industry.
- Solid experience required coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Project management experience across all design phases (design fees time / cost management)
- Proven experience managing small teams
- Experience working on a BIM environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and Organisational skills
- Pride in the quality and presentation of work
Please apply online or contact Nithin at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.