Site Manager | Hornchurch, Essex
Our client is a leading main contractor operating across a range of industries and sectors. They are currently seeking a Site Manager to oversee a mixed-use project valued at circa £18M.
Reporting to the Project Manager, as Site Manager, you will be responsible for the on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely, and on time.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to plan the project effectively ensuring that project requirements, specifications, design drawings, and H&S proposals are all agreed and that a program is in place.
- Establish and maintain the storage facilities for materials, plant and tools and manage stock to meet the timescales of the project.
- Establish a secure site including access and egress.
- Ensure the provision of first aid facilities and identify a first aid area.
- Ensure the safety to the public, site visitor and staff on site at all times ensuring the use of PPE, the following of safety instructions and all aspects for H&S proposals for the site.
- Maintain perimeter barriers and the security of completed works, stored materials and plant on site.
- Ensure all works carried out are to the required standard for brickwork, plastering, carpentry etc.
- Liaising with the client, consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Preparing reports as required for the project manager and contracts director
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree / HND in construction management or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years experience gained within similar site management roles working on projects ranging from £5M+
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card held at the management level.
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD.
Please apply online or contact Lukciya at ICDS Recruitment.