Our client is a leading UK Main Contractor (t/o circa £300m) who require an experienced Site Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Project Manager, as Site Manager you will be responsible for the on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
Location: Farringdon, central London
Salary: Highly competitve salary
- Work closely with the Project Manager to plan the project effectively ensuring that project requirements, specifications, design drawings and H&S proposals are all agreed and that a program is in place.
- Set up an emergency plan and general site facilities for the project.
- Establish and maintain the storage facilities for materials, plant and tools and manage stock to meet the timescales of the project.
- Establish a secure site including access and egress.
- Develop a material schedule for the project and generate requisitions as far ahead as possible to enable achievement of best prices and on time delivery.
- Produce a labour schedule in conjunction with the project manager to ensure sub-contractor packages are placed in time to meet the programme. Maintain this schedule and track progress.
- Ensure the provision of first aid facilities and identify a first aid area.
- Ensure safety to public, site visitor and staff on site at all times ensuring the use of PPE, the following of safety instructions and all aspects for H&S proposals for the site.
- Maintain perimeter barriers and the security of completed works, stored materials and plant on site.
- Manage all site based operatives, overseeing all aspects of their work including the carrying out of safety inductions, tool box talks, controlling the quality of work, ensuring method statement and order fulfilment, cleanliness and tidiness, the use of plant and tools, the reduction of waste and use of PPE.
- Ensure all works carried out are to the required standard for brickwork, plastering, carpentry etc.
- Ensure all materials used, included those supplied by sub-contractors, are compliant with technical and quality specifications.
- Maintain and track all deliveries to site, ensuring these are checked and offloaded to the relevant storage facilities whilst ensuring all stock and materials are deployed properly.
- Liaising with the client, consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Preparing reports as required for the project manager and contracts director
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in construction management or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience gained within similar site management roles working on projects ranging from £5M+
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card held at management level.
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations.
- Qualified first aider.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Commercially astute demonstrated in your ability to identify cost savings and understanding of budgeting restraints.
- Strong sense of achievement with proven ability of being able to drive projects forward and achieving high standards of work.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD.
- Flexibility with regards to site location within the UK & Ireland.
Please apply online or contact Andreea at ICDS Recruitment.