Our client are currently seeking an experienced Site Engineer. Excellent opportunity to join a leading Contractor on a permanent full-time basis.
- act as the technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- oversee the selection and requisition of materials
- agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- liaise with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- communicate with clients and their representatives,
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- prepare reports as required
- resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- You will have a 3rd level qualification in Engineering
- Ideally 2-3 years experience Setting Out.
- As an engineer you will portray strong technical ability
- You will have strong problem solving skills and show calmness under pressure
- You will integrate well as part of a well run team
- Hold experience using Total Station, GPS & Dumpy Levels
- The ability to lead, manage and proactively participate in project teams.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE