SHEQ Advisor- Norwich
Our client is currently recruiting for a SHEQ Advisor to be based in Norwich. They are a specialist Design & Build Contractor, Developer and Investor in multi-sector, mixed-use schemes.
As a SHEQ Advisor, you will be responsible for monitoring on-site activities to ensure all employees, sub-contractors, and visitors comply with our client's Health and Safety policies.
- Assist project teams in the application of company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Support the management with the delivery of SHEQ objectives.
- Complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained.
- Conduct health and safety audits observing workers to ensure they are following company policies and highlight any non-conformances.
- Monitor SHEQ performance throughout the business & report to the SHEQ Director.
- Extensive knowledge of SHEQ management systems within a Construction environment.
- Assists with the development for SHEQ initiatives.
- Participates in site progress meetings and complete health and safety investigation reports.
- Attend regular SHEQ meetings and training as required.
- Any other duties as required by management.
Education / Experience:
- NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction.), as a minimum. (NEBOSH Diploma desirable.)
- A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
- Creative flair coupled with the drive to produce bespoke tailored documents that accurately portray and sell the company
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a pro-active attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments
- Flexibility with regards to site location within the UK & Ireland
- Candidates should have the appropriate work permit or the right to work in the UK
To register your interest, please apply online or contact Lukciya at ICDS Recruitment