Senior Quantity Surveyor
€Neg + health + bonus + package
Required for leading residential developer working on several large housing projects across Dublin, Kildare, Meath.
· Reporting to the Regional / Managing Quantity Surveyor, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will have overall responsibility for all QS activity for his/her site.
· Liaise with internal cost planning team and external resources during project budget preparation stage.
· Liaise with project team to compile Preliminaries Book for inclusion in project budget.
· Manage and oversee cost management processes across the project including compilation and validation of cost reports, cash flows and CRM (commercial review meeting) documentation.
· Ensure all known and potential risks are identified, considered and accrued for and appropriate mitigation measures put in place. Create an environment across the team of early identification of risks and management of same.
· Presentation of commercial pack to Senior Management Team on a monthly basis.
· Manage procurement process, oversee procurement schedule and ensure scope accuracy for all subcontract packages.
· Manage subcontract packages and oversee payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties.
· Demonstrate clear understanding of the difference between cost and value, and drive a value seeking mindset throughout both the project QS and overall project team.
· Awareness and continued development of construction methods and technologies. Promote continued CPD within the project QS team.
· Build and maintain good relationships with subcontract and supply chain base.
· Prepare Part V submissions and conclude all relevant negotiations.
· Accountable for the timely completion of the monthly QS cycle on site.
· Manage the project QS team including further development of all direct reports.
· Work closely with Project Manager to ensure successful delivery and completion of project.
7-10+ yrs Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
· House building/ residential experience desirable.
· Experience/ technical knowledge of all modern methods of construction.
· An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
· Good IT skills with competency at Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, and Microsoft office.
To register your interest, Please forward CV to John.Behan@icds.ie or call 016321200