Senior Quantity Surveyor
ICDS currently have an opening for a Senior Quantity Surveyor working on a large pharmaceutical project in Wicklow
Our client is a leading engineering company who operate across all sectors including commercial, data centre, pharma, residential.
- Hold a degree in Construction Economics/Quantity Surveying
- Ability to agree final accounts, negotiations with sub-contractors
- 7+ years experience
Role and responsibilities
- Analyse blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Managing Grad/Junior and Project Surveyors
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, managing issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
- Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
Contact email@example.com for more info or call 01 6321200