Senior Quantity Surveyor - Housing | Dublin (City Centre) | Neg
ICDS has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quantity Surveyor to join a Tier 1 New Homes builder in Dublin City Centre.
In the role you will assist in the provision of quantity surveying services under the direction of a Lead Cost Planner undertaking pre-contract duties.
This role is diverse and will include interpreting information from live and completed projects along with the measurement of planned works to help robustly project construction costs for upcoming and prospective projects.
It will also involve contributing to the decision making process driving key project decisions at various stages through acquisition and design development. The role comes with flexible working conditions.
- Taking off Quantities to create Bills of Quantities for upcoming developments, interpreting those BoQ’s to provide site teams with working documents and budgets.
- Produce cut and fill information using mudshark software system for detailed budget and subcontractor procurement.
- Produce Bill of Quantities for each current house type and update rates to current procurement rates on an ongoing basis.
- Participation in design team meetings through the design phases offering cost advice to ensure the financial viability of the project without compromising the design.
- Ensure that the design team stay cognisant of the most efficient unit types, unit and project layouts and building materials when progressing a scheme design.
- Liaison with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Liaising with the sales teams to ensure specifications and budgets properly reflect the market expectations of each project.
- Interrogation of current project exit costs to ensure real time cost data is informing new projects.
- Development / maintenance of a databank of Cairn construction costs to assist the ongoing Cost Estimation and Financial Appraisal process..
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft-Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org