Senior Health & Safety Adviser/Officer (Utilities)
West of Ireland / Mayo
€Neg + Package
Required for Civil Engineering contractor with operations nationwide working on Civil Engineering/Utilities projects.
- Maintain and Implement the company's health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub- contractors where appropriate).
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, reporting findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy and incident and injury free work environment.
- Ensure that all employees have appropriate training, information, and knowledge to ensure that their work activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Responsible for facilitating and conducting on-going safety training for all employees in the business, and ensuring that new employees (including agency personnel) receive timely inductions prior to commencing their role.
- Training records for all employees to be maintained in an appropriate systematic format, and in format that is consistent across all sites.
- Ensure that all activities across the business have robust and up-to-date risk assessments.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and training to ensure that all risks are appropriately managed.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, and make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations to identify root cause analysis and implement control measures to prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensure Site Managers and Supervisors are actively engaged in the audit process and all Health and Safety systems.
- Provide site personnel with the appropriate training and systems to ensure that they can adequately monitor this. Conduct regular programme of audits to evaluate compliance with same.
- Ensure all internal and external health and safety reporting requirements are complied with.
- Operate Traffic Management Systems for projects.
- Work with the EPA, HSA, RSA and all relevant public bodies who visit the sites to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and bodies
Minimum of 3/4 years' experience in Middle Management in a HSQE role preferably in Utilities/Civils reporting to Senior Management with a Contractor.
The Ideal candidate will also:
- Hold a relevant H&S Qualification
- Excellent knowledge of ROI legislation
- Full Clean Driving licence
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Expertise in gap analysis
- Excellent reporting skills
- Willingness to travel as required
- Motivated and diligent individual
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland
Click apply, or call John Behan on 01-632-1200 for more info.