Senior Contracts Manager – (Structural/Fabricated Steel)
We are presently seeking to recruit a Senior Contracts Manager with experience in the areas of structural steel fabrication / pipe fabrication / steel tank construction / specialist contracting within the civil, building & process industries.
The role is based in Leinster and reports to the Operations Director.
As a Senior Contracts Manager, you will lead and supervise a number of specialist business units and will assume full life cycle responsibility for a portfolio of projects being undertaken by those units in accordance with agreed budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
This will include leading identification of opportunities, procurement/tendering, production, management, safety, timely delivery and overall profitability.
You will have extensive technical and management experience in specialist contracting within the civil engineering, building, process industries ideally with exposure to steel related construction / fabrication either in Ireland or the UK, and possess an exemplary track record of career progression.
- Develop a Business Plan for the areas under your remit
- Identify growth opportunities and incorporate those into the Business Plan
- Identify market opportunities and manage the business development function for the business.
- Input into the development of facilities to underpin the Plan
- Lead the development and manage a substantive structural steel fabrication facility / business unit
- Lead and develop a pipework fabrication facility / business unit
- Develop an existing pipe/weld testing capability
- Procure and manage a portfolio of specialist contracts to include structural steel subcontracts, pipework supply/install contracts, specialist civils projects with substantial structural steel elements, specialist steel tank refurb / new builds
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Strong leadership and commercial skills
- 3rd level Qualification in structural/civil/mechanical engineering or quantity surveying with knowledge of the steel industry
- An additional business qualification would be a decided advantage
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a senior management role working for a recognised specialist company operating within the construction industry within Ireland, UK or Mainland Europe
- A strong track record in a commercial/contracting environment
- Experience in production, operations and the design build process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with excellent verbal & written communication abilities
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to build a high-performance team.
- Good IT skills
To register your interest, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org call 01-632-1200