Safety Officer (Developer)
Dublin North & Dublin South
€Neg + Package
Our client is a leading developer who are currently undertaking a number of prestigious residential developments across the Dublin/Leinster area.
These project include new homes built to highest current building regulations. including multi-storey apartments blocks in the city, and large housing schemes in North & South & West Dublin.
This company is Safe-T-Cert accredited.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a with a developer/contractor in Ireland or the UK.
The role will report directly to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Work as part of the Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
- Always seek to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of Health & Safety Management System.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained to the H&S Manager.
- Ensure the site folders and statutory records are being maintained on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to site rules by all contractors.
- Assist site management to comply with statutory H&S requirements.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement Risk assessments and improvements to the Homes Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist Site management to ensure Contractor Compliance on Sites.
- Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
- Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
- Carry out H & S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- Experience in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
- Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
- Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
- Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
To register your interest, please send CV, or call John on +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.