Quantity Surveyor (Residential)
Cork & Dublin
Our client is a reputable developer who have been operating for decades and are currently undertaking large-scale residential projects across Cork.
They currenmtky have openings in Cork & Dublin at present.
The ideal candidate will residential experience, be at intermediate level, and will be familiar with using IT and systems, as they strive to input all functions online to an integrated system.
This role is a combination of the site-based function and the office function, as specified below, however there is purchasing support in the team and administration support from the accounts payable team:
- Assist in the preparation of initial budgets and cost plans.
- Advise on procurement strategy.
- Develop and maintain value adding partnerships and relationships for the good of the business in terms of products and services – optimising price, technical specifications, quality and on-time delivery.
- Manage key supplier relationships through consistent appraisal and review.
- Prepare works tender packages and contract documents, analyse and compare quotations received.
- Identify, analyse and respond to commercial risks.
- Complete sub-contractor documentation in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor works packages against budgets, assessing variation claims and preparing progress reports.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Participate in project meeting to ensure that all commercial and contract procedures are properly implemented.
- Assist and advise on all expenditure against contract, to avoid unnecessary spend, ensure value for money and maintain a clear audit trail.
- Maintain files on all projects to include the contract, all correspondence, changes, amendments, clarifications and payment schedules.
- Monitor and ensure that project planned spend is maintained.
- Provide forecast pricing information for annual budgets and business plans.
- Ensure prompt response and resolution of all queries received from senior management.
- Process material orders in a timely manner.
- Compile and maintain library of prices on coins.
To register your interest please send CV, or call John +353 01-632-1200 to discuss.