Required for medium-sized contractor based in Laois and operate in the Commerical, Healthcare, Enerry and Civil sectors.
Due to expansion they currently require a Quantity Surveyor with 5+ years’ experience.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role:
- To work in conjunction with the Commercial Director on all projects assigned to them in the capacity as a Quantity Surveyor.
- BOQ and trade package production. Measuring in accordance with ARM.
- Remeasures and value engineering exercises.
- Obtaining quotations from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Procurement of works packages for project.
- Identify price and agree project variations efficiently.
- Compiling, comparing and negotiating contract price with sub-contractors.
- Checking sub-contractor Invoices and certifying payments to sub-contractors.
- Preparation, submission and agreement of progress claims.
- Preparation of cost reports and cost management on individual projects.
- Attending Site Meetings and co-ordination with Architects and Design Teams.
- Preparing and negotiating final accounts.
- Promote good working relationships with all those associated with the company.
- To Conform to the requirements of the QEHS Management System. In order to achieve this on a continual basis, Awareness Sessions/Toolbox Talks will be carried out to ensure the QEHS Management Systems has been adhered to.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Quantity Surveyor; [BSc Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics]
- Chartered or working towards - MSCSI / RICS.
- Have experience in both private practice and contractors background.
- Ideally worked previously with a leading construction company.
- Knowledge of All Relevant Construction Contracts.
- Knowledge of current procurement procedures.
- Experience in Buildsoft, CostX and Microsoft office programmes.
- Experience in measurement and BOQ / Trade package production.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
To register your interest please send CV yo firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +353 01-632-1200 to discuss.