Quantity Surveyor (Graduate/Training provided)
Dublin South, City
Our client is an international M&E contractor who of high-value engineering services in the M&E and Power Transmission and Distribution Sectors and to a large number of blue chip companies. across Ireland, the UK and Europe.
They are currently working on large data centre, power, commercial projects across Ireland and Europe.
They are currently seeking quantity surveyors (qualified honours level ) for the commercial management of engineering.
A 2-year structured graduate programme that includes 25 days formal training, commercial mentor and planned job rotations. Join the best commercial team to develop your career potential.
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims.
- Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
- Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorization, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalization of these accounts.
- Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved.
- Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
Graduate Programme participants will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A structured rotation through different areas within the business
- The experience of working on-site and in professional office environments
- An opportunity to work locally, nationally and internationally
- Exposure to develop design, construction and commissioning processes
- The opportunity to attain Lean Green Belt Certification
- A structured development programme (25 days) focusing on personal, professional/technical and leadership development
- Access to a senior business leader as a personal mentor
To register your interest please apply online, or contact John Behan @ ICDS