Quantity Surveyor (Cladding)
My client is a leading Irish roofing, cladding & façade contractor specialising in the design, supply & fit of roofing, cladding & façade systems in Ireland & Europe.
They now have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to get involved in a significant award in Sweden.
The ideal individual will have significant steel frame structures commercial experience in addition to roofing, cladding and façade systems.
- Salary: €60,000 - €70,000
- Significant living allowance for work in Europe
- 2 return flights home a month paid for
- Fully covered accommodation
- Hire car will be provided
Manage all commercial activities on medium to large scale roofing & cladding projects.
Including submitting valuations, variations and agreeing final accounts
- Produce budgets and cash flow forecasts for all secured projects.
- Negotiate best prices with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure projects comes in on or better than budget.
- Procurement of key materials to suit project programme.
- Carry out value engineering exercises and make cost saving proposals to Main Contractor/ Client.
- Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Commercial Manager.
- Pricing and submitting of costs for all variations in a timely fashion.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors.
- Ensuring contract correspondence is being responded to quickly and contractually
- Set an example of the Company’s professional image at all levels of contact, and ensure similar conduct from subcontractors and supervisors.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the directors, management or consultants appointed by the directors
- This job may involve some travel and unsocial hours
- A construction related college degree or equivalent; construction science or engineering degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience of acting as a Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Excellent commercial aptitude and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing specifications for roofing projects
- Effective communication, supervision, and managerial skills
- Must have a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is a plus
Contat firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.