QS/Estimator – North America
(Houston, Texas/ Toronto, Canada)
QS/Estimator required for a leading Canadian Tier 1 main contractor (t/o circa $7Billion) overseeing major “Solar Energy” projects in North America (locations include: Texas, USA, and Toronto, Canada).
You will be responsible for all pre-construction, estimate preparation, and to successfully manage risk & growth strategy. Our client are looking to invest in you, a critical member of the senior management team.
• Leads small to medium estimates or components of large estimates and reviews all associated bid documents.
• Ensures the completion of full quantity take-offs of all labour, equipment, and materials from project documents.
• Supports the estimate lead by populating tender forms, generating requests for information, anticipating proposal requirements, and assisting to establish a pursuit schedule.
• Assists with bid document control by documenting, organizing, and archiving all information relating to the estimate for successful transfer to the project team.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with all stakeholders including lead estimator, lead bid runner, subtrade partners and suppliers.
• Solicits competitive pricing from subtrade partners and suppliers for pursuit support.
• Leads a small team including mentoring and coaching indirect reports ETC.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years in a quantity surveying/estimating role with a Contractor in the UK, Ireland or Europe
• Proficient in mathematics with strong analytical skills.
• Comfortable in various computer programs.
Offering very attractive salary & benefits that can be discussed directly with the company within an interview.
They will help with work visas and cover all relocation costs for yourself and family (if required). We are also keen to hear from anyone with a Visa for North America or American/Canadian passport/residency.
Video interviews will be undertaken over the next few weeks.
Interested? Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org in strict confidence.