Senior Purchaser/Buyer | Dublin | c.€85k & Benefits (Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension, Health Ins)
Offering hybrid working & flexibility on location.
To lead & manage the operations of the purchasing department. The successful candidate will perform strategic procurement of construction materials, plant and products continually seeking optimal value via long term agreements with current and new suppliers.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- As the manager of the procurement department be responsible for existing and new systems with the emphasis on efficient software and ‘real-time’ information.
- Motivate junior and administrative staff to ensure an efficient department.
- Liaise with site management and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements.
- Issue requests for prices with suppliers as well as follow up on price requisitions as requested.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Place orders with agreed suppliers and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Minimum of 7 year’s experience in construction industry
- Good knowledge of supply of construction materials
- Work to achieve cost savings & challenge price increases.
- Manage procurement activities for several sites.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
- Highly skilled in communicating with site personnel, suppliers, and relevant internal departments.
Search & contact Barry Kelly on LinkedIn email@example.com 086-232-5706 for details.