Procurement Manager (Construction)
€80-90k + Strong package
Required for leading residential developer.
Great opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager who has previously set up or run and implemented a procurement function in the construction or engineering industry.
The Procurement Manager will assist the Commercial Director in:
• Expanding the Category Management structure to enable you to structure current and future needs and match them with the evolving of the category strategies
• Demonstrating resilience in negotiations with strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking while collaborating with the business teams to deliver results.
• Strengthening and structuring the internal stakeholder relationships with the external supply base through developing and realising specific supplier development programs.
• Enhancing procurement standards of excellence through a clear operating model framework, clear strategic and operational direction on how the procurement function can deliver value to business.
• Strengthen the spend analysis structure to support decision making.
• Expand category management responsibilities within Homes and agree with internal stakeholders.
• Report on a monthly and quarterly basis the achieved results per categories and for the business.
• Improve the coordination of the cost management database and develop the should cost model.
• Refine and develop the sourcing strategy with annual calendar of negotiations on recurring or new contracts.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to use the appropriate tender formats to deliver value from initiation to award in line with business needs.
• Develop best-in-class expertise and national market knowledge for categories to facilitate and lead negotiations
The ideal candidate will have:
• QS, Engineering or construction related qualification to degree level.
• 10+ years procurement experience at a senior level in a fast paced dynamic organisation.
• Experience in implementing and/or managing category development, process improvement and spend analysis.
• Proven track record in managing commercial projects.
• Market Intelligence skills: Researching and understanding the construction market intimately and have the ability prepare category plans.
• Proficient in managing high value relationships with high risk impact.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills.
• Excellent communicator and adept at influencing others with the ability to build relationships across a wide and diverse stakeholder base.
• The ability to work as a team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
• Analytical and strategic thinking skills as well as hands-on project management and tough negotiation skills.
• Excellent analytical and business intelligence.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.