Planners / Schedulers
USA, West Coast
Required for global cost and project management consultancy.
The Planner will provide full project planning services across all phases of the program.
Major phases of the works may include; engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, including start up requirements.
The successful candidate will be capable of working independently from a scheduling perspective but expected to participate and heavily contribute to the team environment by leading and clearly communicating the planning deliverables from conception through to successful completion and close out.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall planning services
- Understand and adhere to PMO scheduling procedures and operating practices.
- Manage the project specific WBS responsibility for all project sections and ensure that responsibility and ownership of each section is clear
- Manage the fully integrated project schedule and ensure it is structured and coded to allow presentation at a range of levels and details
- Review external schedules to ensure that they are compiled to good scheduling practices
- Prepare basis of schedule documents
- Ensure all project schedule(s) are prepared to good scheduling practices conforming to critical path methodology techniques and identify critical and near critical activities
- Ensure project schedules include for all scopes and identify all key milestones and timelines
- Ensure schedule adheres to the project execution plan and in particular contracting, procurement and project control strategy documents and plans
- Identify conflicting concurrent activities which may impact on the overall project completion dates and key milestones
- Provide progress reports on a weekly or monthly basis as pre-determined
- Ensure there is clear method in place for baselining of schedules and manage periodic updates
Desired Experience and Education:
- Experience in a similar Planning/Scheduling role
- Experience in QRA software, Primavera Risk Analyzer or @Risk Project Module
- Knowledge of Primavera planning software
- Experience in QRA with the ability to interpret and communicate findings
- Ability to negotiate, mediate and delegate
- Strong MS Office skills
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
- BSc in construction related discipline ideal
Contact email@example.com for more info.