Planner (Building Projects)
€Neg + Package
Required for top-tier main contractor with €300m+ Turnover, working across all sectors including data centre, commercial, residential, pharmaceutical.
The role will involve planning and programming of the design, procurement and construction activities associated with the works.
Lead the programme and planning management for the team in the pre-construction and construction phases.
To develop regular reports to feedback on progress and performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Lead in the development of the baseline contract programme, covering all aspects of design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover.
- To lead in the preparation of a construction (target) programme highlighting areas of improvement against the contract programme.
- Prepare a tender event programme for the procurement of subcontractors incorporating design release and lead in activities.
- To develop a 4D graphical model, where required or 2D phasing plans.
- Use the construction programme to produce / assist in the production of project prelim books including, but not limited to, staff resource, logistics and temporary works requirements.
- To engage with the supply chain to develop the project programme with regards to design, lead-in's, construction periods, plant & labour requirements
- Reporting, progress and as built information
- Develop tracking schedules as required to maintain information and control the production of programmes by the subcontractors.
- To keep an as built programme, highlighting where the programme has deviated from the baseline programme.
- To use the 4D model and/or 2D phasing information to highlight the current progress position of the programme.
- To report on all projects on a weekly / monthly basis.
- To regular review programmes, outputs and phasing
- Lead input to the programme reporting weekly and monthly as required.
- Check the quality of the production of planning and programme documents generally under their control. Including the site teams and assistant planners.
- Prove programme periods by means of sub-contractor liaison, benchmarking from previous or similar projects and project team consultation.
Experience & Skills:
- Qualifications in construction management/ Engineering
- Certification for use of planning and programme software, preferably Asta Powerproject
- Membership of relevant professional body, where applicable
- Successful track record of working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders on live construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of UK and EU legal framework, in particular contract management.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent IT skills.
Qualifications / Training:
- Advanced Asta Power project Training - Progress Analysis & S-curve reporting.
- Managing costs & resources.
- Contract awareness
- Presentation Techniques Training
- Basic BIM training and understanding of the common data environment.
To register your interest please send CV, or call +353 01-632-1200 to discuss.