Materials Manager (Procurement)
Our client is state owned company who currently require a Materials Manager for their Procurement & Materials team.
Qualification in Supply Chain Management or relevant field with experience, Ideally construction.
The person will be responsible for materials management and must have a strong knowledge of Lean/Stigma/JIT and in developing/implementing new strategy/transformation.
Responsible for managing all company Stock. It is desirable that this person has experience leading a supply chain team in a multinational business environment and public procurement.
• Ensuring compliance and adherence of Procurement & Materials Staff with Procurement regulations, policies and procedures
• Deliver Training as required
• Manage Materials Staff
• Develop and evolve best practice procurement policies and procedures
• Implement and manage the materials management systems which drive efficient and effective processes in the Procurement & Materials Department
• Transform, Implement and manage stock management processes that will ensure the organisation is achieving value for money
Materials Manager has responsibility for the planning, sourcing and strategic selection of stock that are of importance
The Materials Manager will be involved in the strategic and complex tendering processes of Spare Parts.
Lead, Manage and develop new enhancements for Materials Management module
Develop controls while ensuring no stock outs or over stocking
Lead, Manage and reduce Obsolete stock process is in line with Policies and Procedures
Manage Stock Take for all Garages
Manage & develop Materials Management KPIs
Monitor, reduce and Manage Materials Spend
Manage Surcharge and Spare Parts Warranty Claims
Manage Overdue Orders/Late Deliveries
Manage distribution of stock in the company
Monitor and reduce inventory levels
Collaborate with company management to plan forecasting models
Negotiate and develop good working relationships with suppliers
Drive and achieve value for money through material management processes
Develop Service Level Agreements and contingency planning to ensure robust procedures are in place to deliver a quality service
Create Standard Operating Procedures
Carry out requests for quotes
Produce spend reports for tendering process
Make sound decisions with a well-reasoned rationale and to stand by these
Communicate with Government Departments, management and staff in an efficient and timely manner
Liaise with Procurement & Materials Manager with regard to the ongoing Materials Management Strategy
Responsibility for the review and management of contracts procured by the Procurement & Materials Department for Spare Parts
• Develop contract management plan
• Ensure no over runs on contracts
• Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
• Develop and maintain relationships with end users
• Ensure terms and conditions of contracts are being adhered to throughout the term of the contract
• Track actual spends and highlight variance in budget and actual spend
• Develop relevant KPIs to assist with analysis of costs and supplier performance
• Periodic review to ensure costs are accurate for period
• Consider automation of processes, where possible
• Excellent working knowledge of SAP
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
• Strong planning & organising skills
• The ability to work with multi-disciplinary team members and stakeholders to facilitate high performance, developing and achieving clear and realistic objectives
To register your interest, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-632-1200 to discuss.