Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Working with the Construction Director and the Contracting Authority, the HSE Manager will set out the vision for the management of Health Safety Wellbeing and Environmental during the project from commencement through construction, commissioning, and handover.
This will include establishing a vision for the safe delivery of the project, incident and injury free, with no negative impacts on the environment (and the local neighbourhood), the 'Look and Feel" of the site, Housekeeping, communication with all stakeholders, inspections, audits, safety initiatives, protocols for dealing with host hospitals etc.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) function required for the construction of the new children’s hospital
including ensuring compliance with all relevant HSE legislation.
- Provide directional support in the planning, measuring, reviewing and auditing of Health, Safety and Environmental activities on both a day to day and a strategic basis in relation to the construction of the new children’s hospital and satellite centres.
- Develop and implement an HSE strategy for the project and the preparation of procedures
- (including safety statement, risk assessments and safety related protocols) to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety legislative and other requirements.
- Lead the maintenance of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems as appropriate
- Conduct HSE risk assessments and ensure measures to control risks are implemented and monitored.
- Ensure safety management arrangements and all other HSE requirements are established and implemented by the contractor.
- Engage with all project stakeholders to ensure implementation of regulations pertaining to Environmental Health and Safety.
- Membership of IOSH preferred and up to date knowledge of HSE legislation.
- Higher Diploma in Safety, Health & Welfare at Work or other relevant HSE qualification.
- Minimum 15+ years post graduate experience and minimum 10 years in senior management position.
- Has fulfilled role of HSE Manager on at least one project of similar size, scale and complexity, circa €100m project
- Must be computer literate (MS Office and other relevant IT packages).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to engage at all levels
To register your interest, Please forward CV to John.Behan@icds.ie or call 016321200