Health and Safety Officer (Residential)
Required for site-based role on a large residential development in North Dublin.
Plan, implement, monitor and review construction projects using protective and preventative measures in place as part of the companies’ health and safety management system.
The successful candidate will deal with all health & safety issues in a professional, efficient and confidential manner, ensuring that any non-compliance is immediately acted upon and appropriate personnel and external bodies are informed as necessary in a timely manner.
Will primarily be responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and all policies and practices adopted are legally compliant.
Reporting directly to the EH+S Manager, the Health & Safety Officer will join the current team to provide expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture within the company.
- Effective implementation of the Company’s Health & Safety management system including compliance with both legal and company health & safety requirements
- Carry out hazard analysis and risk assessments on specific safety procedures on site.
- Establish close links with the management team and incorporate safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant risks and hazards and ensure contractors comply with agreed methods of work
- Investigate accidents and near misses, complete detailed reports and ensure corrective action is implemented in a detailed and timely manner
- Carry out regular safety audits/site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented in all areas and ensure any corrective actions recommended are implemented
- Take part in leading in-house health and safety training and briefing to employees and managers and ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- Ensure all employees have access to and wear all appropriate PPE. as set out in project commencement briefing
- Manage meetings with Safety Representatives Committee, produce minutes and action items
- Ensure statutory inspections are carried out and records maintained and that all monthly KPI H&S statistics are completed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments that affect the company.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a similar role in the construction industry
- BSc/ Degree in Occupational, Health and Safety (Level 8)
- Working knowledge and experience of implementing and managing Hazard Identification and Risk Management processes on a large construction development
- First Aid (FAR) preferable
- IOSH membership preferable
To register your interest, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-632-1200