Health and Safety Officer (2-3 years exp)
North & West Dublin
Required for leading developer working on a large residential project in North & West Dublin.
Reports directly to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Work as part of the Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
- Always seek to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of Health & Safety Management System.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained to the H&S Manager.
- Ensure the site folders and statutory records are being maintained on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to site rules by all contractors.
- Assist site management to comply with statutory H&S requirements.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement Risk assessments and improvements to the Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist Site management to ensure Contractor Compliance on Sites.
- Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
- Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
- Carry out H&S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- Identify training needs on site for site personnel and the contractors.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH preferred
- manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
- Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
- Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
- Able to deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
To register your interest, please forward your CV to email@example.com call 01-632-1200 to discuss.