Tenders / BOQ / Estimatin / Tender Preparation / Tender Submission / Quantity Surveying / Tender Administration / Value engineering / Bid Strategy
Our client are looking to recruit an Estimator on a full time basis to be based out of Limerick.
The ideal candidate will have experience delivering both Design & Build and Traditional bids covering a wide range of projects to include:- Fitouts / Hotels / Schools / Healthcare / Housing / Pharma and Civils projects with values ranging from €1m to €50m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to review tender documentation (Drawings, Specifications, BOQ’s, Schedules, contracts etc) and manage tender bid from receipt of tender enquiry to submission of final tender bid.
- Issue material and trade enquiries to supply chain and obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects and advise of any concerns or value engineering details as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Assist in compiling submissions of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Liaising and reporting to senior management in relation to on-going project submissions.
- Good knowledge of subcontractors, construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
- Proven experience in an estimating capacity with Irish market of +5 years
- Third level qualification in engineering, construction, quantity surveying or related field
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, and ideally some experience of estimating software.
If you are a Estimator looking to explore your options, please apply online or contact Stephen at ICDS
0208 861 7847 / Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com