Job Title: Contracts Manager (Northern Ireland)
Summary of role
You will oversee all aspects of a company’s contract negotiations, obligations, and implementation. You will tender and negotiate for contracts, advise management and supervise all works ensuring low wastage, high quality and safe systems of work. You will oversee highway maintenance and laying of bitumen on roads and private works.
- Measurement, calculation and scheduling of necessary surfacing product for both private and public sector works.
- The ability to manage staff in respect of quality of workmanship, health and safety and productivity in both private and public sectors
- Pricing of works to be carried out
- Programming and scheduling of works
- Work tenders for council works
- Knowledge of quality control and various types of bitumen mixes
- A sound knowledge of relevant plant required to carry out different and varying operations
- Promote a safe working environment for all operations
- Deliver contract performance in line with agreed budgets
- Ensue effective programming & planning is carried out at all levels to ensure service delivery to customers
- Maximising outputs, reduce waste by ensuring efficient use of resources, i.e. people, plant, materials
- Ensuring financial governance and timely reporting, to assist in accurate month end reporting for P&L
- Managing the operational teams in line with company processes and procedures
- Ensure accurate reporting of all HS&E, KPIs, is carried out and submitted on time. Management of multiple subcontractors, Implementation of H&S on site, pre-works plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Exceptional negotiation, persuasion and judgment skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the surfacing industry
- Leadership and management skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and mathematical abilities.
3rd level qualification in Civils background or relevant previous work experience in the industry with several years of experience drafting, negotiating and managing contracts and agreements.
Please apply online or contact Nithin at email@example.com