Civil Quantity Surveyor vacancy
Location: Foynes, Limerick.
As industry-leading builders and contractors, our client has worked hard to establish a reputation for consistently and successfully delivering complex construction projects. With a rich history of successful ventures and a commitment to excellence, they are now seeking a dynamic Civil Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Working within & assisting the commercial & construction team to ensure a successful project is delivered, while maintaining relationships, maximising commercial returns and manage risk.
- Implement commercial strategy
- Support the SQS & MQS commercial functions, assisting with & taking responsibility for:
- Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate s/cs, negotiation & finalise s/c orders, financial & commercial management of s/cs to Final Account completion.
- Site records & document control
- Site measurement records
- Assisting in the preparation of forecasts, targets & CV reconciliations
- Prepare variations with adequate records & details, agree as works progress
- Update projected Final Account, prepare & submit in a timely mannerLiaise with site management
- Liaise with & commercially influence/challenge site management team
- Maintain & protect JSS commercial & contractual entitlement
- CVR -Be actively involved in & understand the process, maintain independent view
- Risk/opportunity - Review & consider
- Insurances/warranties - Develop understanding
- Cash management - Be aware & be actively involved to ensure good cash management
- Tender - Support as required
- Manage & oversee AQS & TQS, checking & taking responsibility for their work
- Involvement with & take some responsibility for: Maintaining site records, control documents
- Simple D&B/CDP contracts
- D&B contracts
- Claims & disputes
- Understanding of contract law
- Involvement but no responsibility for contracts over €/£15m
- Take responsibility for control of traditional contracts
- Supervise AQS & sign-off SMM/measurement issues
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively utilise a range of technology platforms
- Be fully conversant with the use of the Standard Method of Measurement
- Demonstrate ownership/commercial awareness
- Effective time management, organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Educated to degree level and working toward the relevant professional accreditation
- Letter & report writing
- 2-day Safety appreciation - Contract/commercial appreciation
Please apply online or contact Nithin at ICDS.