A Senior Estimator / Chief Estimator is required for one of Ireland’s best known Tier 1 main contractors with an enviable reputation in the Irish market, who are headquartered in Dublin but operate at a nationwide level. Head office is just minutes from the M50, so it is in quite an attractive location for most employees.
This is a very senior role which does not arise very often, and is a critical position for our client to fill. Much of their work is negotiated as they have strong relationships built up over the years with their clients, and they would tend to be the contractor of choice for many of them.
Our client is involved in the largest public and private sector projects nationwide, including commercial projects, hotels, educational (schools and universities), residential, pharmaceutical and semi-conductor, social infrastructure and high end/blue chip fit out projects for multinationals.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 15 years estimating experience with a large main contracting company, and be comfortable with the relevant IT packages with proven tendering and financial management experience.
You will report to a Preconstruction Director who performed this role for many years, but has recently been promoted.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and collating tenders by a given deadline based on the scope of work, plans, specification, BOQ’s, Schedules and inspections.
• Sourcing pre-project information
• Breaking down large fixture packages into trade packages and sub-contracting sections of the work
• Processing of variations and updating financial contract information
• Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions.
• Client presentations
• Knowledge of current rates and subcontracting agreements in the Irish market.
• An executive salary and excellent overall package will be available for the right candidate for this role.
If interested in the role, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 091 564008 to discuss in more detail.