A great opportunity awaits a candidate to join a highly successful Civils contractor within in the procurement department. This role will suit a Civil's background and is based in Limerick
You will have a vital part to play in helping ensure the profitability of contracts as you will be responsible for ensuring that the most cost‐effective and appropriate materials are purchased. You will also be required to manage and monitor stationary, mobile phones and vehicle/fleet orders for staff and departments.
This role involves having an eye for detail, accuracy and good knowledge of construction and civil engineering material and equipment. Although the role is based at Head Office, you may need to travel to different sites as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have had experience within the UK Construction market.
- Ensure the adherence to and development of procedures & systems for the internal ordering of materials and goods from sites and locations.
- Ensure company compliance with relevant procurement and environmental legislation in regards to purchasing and management of goods from sustainable sources and items that fall under COSHH regulations;
- Inputting the internal orders of materials and goods from sites and locations to the central procurement office
- Manages the goods receiving into the financial system of all materials and goods, for both warehouse stock and direct delivery to sites and locations, incorporating the raising of purchase orders, allocation of internal sales orders, receipt of stock into free stock, stock adjustments, credit notes etc...
- Provide procurement support to site teams with regard to availability and type of materials and goods available in the market place based against site requirements and best practise cost control
- Management of supplier database and records relating to 3rd party suppliers
- Interface with Accounts payable to ensure accurate, authorised and timely payment of supplier invoices and receipt of credit notes
- Ensure the accurate, pre-authorised and timely payment of supplier invoices and receipt of credit notes;
- Provides management support and direction to the Procurement Manager;
Job Type: Full-time
For additional information on this particular role and a confidential discussion about similar opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Walsh on: 0044 208 861 7847 / 0044 7793 248 204 or e-mail your CV in the strictest confidence through the link provided or to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com.