Buyer – civils - Swords
A great opportunity awaits a candidate to join a highly successful civils engineering contractor, as a Buyer. This role is based in Limerick and the ideal candidate will have either UK or Irish construction work experience.
You will have a vital part to play in helping ensure the profitability of contracts as you will be responsible for ensuring that the most cost‐effective and appropriate materials are purchased. You will also be required to manage and monitor stationary, mobile phones and vehicle/fleet orders for staff and departments.
This role involves having an eye for detail, accuracy and good knowledge of construction and civil engineering material and equipment. Although the role is based at their Head Office, you may need to travel to different sites as and when required.
• Ensure the adherence to and development of procedures & systems for the internal ordering of materials and goods from sites and locations.
• Ensure company compliance with relevant procurement and environmental legislation in regards to purchasing and management of goods from sustainable sources and items that fall under COSHH regulations;
• Inputting the internal orders of materials and goods from sites and locations to the central procurement office
• Provide procurement support to site teams with regard to availability and type of materials and goods available in the market place based against site requirements and best practise cost control
• Provides management support and direction to the Procurement Manager;
• Job Type: Full-time
• 5 + Years' experience in a similar role within the Construction Industry
• Knowledge of the Construction Industry and a good knowledge of material suppliers.
• Proficient in Excel
• Building Regulations Knowledge
• IIPMM or CIPS Qualified or equivalent or working towards same
To register your interest please apply online or contact Andreea at ICDS Recruitment.