€Neg + Package
Required for one of Irelands most respected main contractors with €150m+ turnover who have been operating over 100 years’.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in a related discipline i.e. Civil/ Structural Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or similar
- Conversant with Construction industry practices and procedures, including BCAR, Building Regulations, and statutory approvals processes.
- Good commercial acumen & analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of tendering software. Experience with Microsoft Project & Asta Power Project essential and with P6 an advantage
- Experience in managing a bid team
- Strong Programming, technical writing and MS Office Skills
Reporting to the Business Director the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Reviewing tender documentation and understanding the rules of tendering
- Undertaking Bid/No Bid exercises against potential submissions
- Understanding the Request for Tender. Deciding timelines and delegating of bid responsibilities
- Collating information from multi-departmental resources for inclusion in pre-qualification and tender submissions
- Provide technical support as required for prequalification and tender submissions
- Submitting completed bids to existing or prospective clients, on time and within budget
- Timely management of tender activities
- Collaborating with the Business Development Department, Estimating Team and Operations Team
- Preparing tender program’s utilising Programming Software including identifying key deliverables and Milestone Dates.
- Preparing detailed project methodologies and technical proposals
- Preparing site logistic plans/preliminary contractor set-up proposals
- Preparing preliminary project risk registers and mitigation plans
- Adopting quality control procedures
- Consulting with design teams and/or sub-contractors as necessary, during the submission process
- Delivering Client & Partner Technical Presentations
- Attending tender interviews and site visits
- Obtaining feedback from prospective clients when tenders are unsuccessful
- Assisting with interviews and corresponding with prospective clients
- Reviewing, drafting and implementing improvements in the tendering process
- Providing insight and analysis of forthcoming opportunities, purchasers’ mindsets, best practice and dealing with clients
Strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills are essential to the role together with the ability to deliver professional presentations to clients and design team members and build relationships at all levels within the Company and the wider supply chain.
Excellent package on offer including pension, discretionary bonus.
To register your interest please send CV to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.