Site Manager - Structural Steel, Metal Decking, Cladding
Our client is one of UK's leaders within Structural Steel manufacturing and installation - supplying and overseeing projects all over the UK and Ireland.
They have a unique opportunity to join their team as a Site Manager on an indoor market and Bridge project in Ghana, West Africa.
The Site Manager will report directly to the Project Manager on all matters relating to the day to day running of the sites. This is a long-term assignment, until at least the end of 2023, however, this may be extended further.
We are seeking a proactive individual who will work closely with site personnel to ensure the project meets their high standards and customer expectations. The successful candidate will provide leadership to all site personnel and ensure that work on both projects is carried out safely and efficiently.
• Effectively monitor and advise on the installation procedures for Structural Steel, Metal Decking and Cladding.
• Lead, mentor and provide direction and support to new and existing site employees.
• Liaise and communicate with other contractors to ensure consistency and the prompt resolution of any issues.
• Oversee the assembly of a bridge project, beam, and tie channels on bearings.
• Timely production of accurate reports on progress and quality issues for circulation to clients and internal teams as and when required.
• Monitor Health and Safety and advise the Client Safety team where improvements can be made.
Experience and Qualifications-:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects, preferably abroad.
• Significant knowledge over a range of engineering topics.
• Experience in construction management essential.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate a team.
• The ability to work autonomously and be self-reliant whilst working in a foreign country.
• CSCS Card at Site Manager Level.
• Valid First Aid at Work Certificate
• Valid SMSTS Training Certificate
• The ability to travel between sites.
• Experience in managing the following trades
Steel buildings and bridges
Metal Deck installation
Good IT skills with all Microsoft packages and able to pick up new software quickly.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply online or contact George for more info