Site Engineer – Athlone
Site Engineer required for an Irish Government Organisation to work on the construction of a Flood Alleviation Scheme in County Meath.
The project involves of the construction of a flood defence scheme.
There are eight individual flood cells in total and the main elements include the following:
• Construction of earthen embankments;
• Construction of reinforced concrete walls / masonry clad reinforced concrete walls;
• Construction of reinforced concrete bridges;
• Installation of flood gates & glass walls;
• Piling for structural elements;
• Installation of culverts;
• Associated building and civil engineering works.
Level 8 degree in Civil Engineering.
Valid driving licence and own car.
Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Word/ Excel / PowerPoint / Project.
CIF Managing Safety in Construction qualification.
At least 3 years’ experience with a main contractor on the construction of civil engineering projects.
Experience on river or coastal works would be an advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Management of the day-to-day activities of a direct labour workforce of up to 20 personnel;
Setting out including levelling / Total-station / GPS work;
Daily record keeping including Daily Allocation Sheets and Plant Sheets;
Management of sub-contractors;
Providing assistance with the procurement of goods and services;
Attending site meetings;
Liaison with the local authority and stakeholders;
Health & safety Management including developing risk assessments and method statements;
To register your interest please apply online or contact George at ICDS