Our client are one of Irelands leading contractors in Civil Engineering. The company specialises in delivering major projects to the highest standards of quality for clients in the Civil and Infrastructure sectors throughout Ireland.
They now have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor with Civil experience for a permanent position based in Cork.
The role will include Quantity Surveyor on Multi-Million Euro Civil projects including Valuations, Claims, Costs, Pricing and extra works. Additionally Estimating Civil’s works for new tenders will form part of a remit. The work will be varied as part of the commercial team.
Candidates with only Ireland and UK based experience may apply.
Ideal candidates should be:
• A BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying.
• Preferably a Member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (MSCSI) or the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
• Two years of recent practical experience in a project QS and/or civil estimating environment in Ireland or the UK
• A proven ability to prepare and price civil tenders
• Knowledge of Subcontract Agreements in UK or Ireland
• Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
• Ability to work well under pressure and within a deadline environment
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Excellent communication skills, exceptional oral and written communication capabilities.
To register your interest in this position or discuss further, please forward your cv in word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 091 564008.