Project Manager (Civil)
€85-90k++, Car/Van + Accommodation
Required for specialist Civil Engineering contractors, operating in Electrical Infrastructure and Renewable Energy Sectors.
Required for a large power station project in North Dublin.
- Civils background
- Good experience of RC and Structural Steel and advantage
- bulk earthworks for deep foundations.
- Programming & planning skillset with good sub-contract management skills.
- Ensure that an effective and realistic Procurement Schedule is produced in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor (PQS).
- Lead the subcontractor procurement process and ensure that subcontractors are appointed on time.
- Ensure that all relevant project correspondence and contractual notices are written and sent to all relevant parties
- Ensure that regular commercial reviews are carried out in relation to all budgetary (cost/value) aspects of the project. Have a thorough understanding of the CVR process.
- Provide guidance, instruction and leadership to the PQS as and when necessary.
- Attend subcontractor Pre-Start meetings and play an active role.
- Arrange, chair and lead the Project Start-Up Meeting.
- Fulfil the role of Design Manager/Co-ordinator.
- Review the tender project programme and use this as a basis for producing a Construction programme. Take full ownership of the construction programme and ensure that it is monitored and updated on a regular basis.
- Arrange and chair subcontractor Start-Up meetings prior to works commencing on site.
- Arrange and chair regular subcontractor progress/coordination meetings.
- Ensure that a comprehensive client progress report is produced for the monthly meetings.
- Ensure that all actions from client progress meetings are swiftly dealt with.
- Ensure that all site management and operatives are sufficiently trained for their roles and identify training needs.
- Ensure that all administrative aspects of the project are managed and implemented effectively.
- Use own personal expertise and technical/professional knowledge to give advice and direction to others in the delivery of project.
- Ensure a positive working relationship with clients.
To register your interest, Please forward CV to John.Behan@icds.ie or call 016321200