Project Engineer (Infrastructure/Marine)
Project Engineer required for long-term infrastructure project in Limerick.
The Project Engineer will have responsibility for the site supervision activities in relation to engineering works for a large capital programme.
- Dealing with contractual matters on site related to civil, mechanical, and electrical works;
- Liaising with Stakeholders;
- Assessing Contractor claims and writing reports on same;
- Verifying Contractor payment applications against work completed
- Reviewing Contractor design submissions against Employers’ requirements and preparation of clear comments
- Supervising works, keeping records, measuring, managing correspondence and contractual documentation
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality of completion
- Managing project risk and project Health and Safety
- Co-ordinating and liaising with contracts manager, Site Engineers and services Co-ordinator to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information, ensure compliance with drawings, specification, building regulations and good building practice
- Monitoring quality of workmanship and materials of construction projects
- Planning, maintaining, and controlling financial administration of all construction work, maintaining maximum cost effectiveness
- Experience in the construction of port related projects, marine-related construction or similar work
- Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification in Engineering;
- Experience in civil engineering works, building construction, and project management;
- At least 8 years’ satisfactory post graduate experience of which at least 3 years was in on-site supervision, contract administration, and project management of civil engineering works
- Capable of writing clear and concise reports and keeping works records;
- Proficiency in the use of computers in relation to document handling and production of reports
- Strong working knowledge of construction contracts;
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel and Word
- Experienced in the use of project management software packages and AutoCAD/equivalent
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in managing the construction of major port/marine/road/rail/storage infrastructure through to successful commissioning.
- Experience in the assessment of tender variation claims, contractor submissions, and payment applications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills.
To register your interest please send CV in Word to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more.