Construction/ Project Director
Isle of Man
£Neg + Package
Required for award winning homebuilder working on large housing projects.
Lead the Construction/Production Team ensuring high standards of Health and Safety are always maintained, achieve high standards of production quality and customer satisfaction and
to ensure budget targets are attained.
You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement, team development, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and proactively identifying operational enhancements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the Construction Team to achieve the agreed build programmes and budget targets.
• Monitor and drive weekly progress and liaise with other department heads to resolve any delays or issues identified.
• Ensure that an improving culture exists within the site construction team that guarantees the required quality of the build process is achieved.
• Liaise weekly with the sales and commercial team to review sales and production progress on a site by site basis, driving performance improvement to ensure deadlines are met.
• Undertake regular visits to site to review progress and adherence to company and HSE procedures.
• Review subcontract and materials supplier performance, reporting continual problems and defects to the technical and commercial departments.
• Lead the completion of commercial and residential developments as required including ensuring all roads, sewers and public open space adoptions are carried out in a timely manner
Health and Safety
• Ensure a rigorous Health and Safety plan is fully developed prior to any site start, for the entire development process from pre-start through to site completion, across the Island.
• Ensure that the company Health and Safety Policy is always complied with and that any policy revisions are communicated to site management, so their work practices are amended accordingly.
• Carry out the role of Director responsible for Safety within the region ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
• Interview new consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure they are competent prior to commencement of work.
• Liaise with Health and Safety teams to ensure that monthly action reports are actioned.
• Undertake periodic safety inspection with sit e managers during site visits.
• Ensure site and office staff receive the requisite Health and Safety training.
• Drive a customer focused culture by driving sustainable improvements and sharing best practices as a consequence of customer feedback and insight.
• Drive a conscious improvement culture which improves the commercial and residential customer experience and responds to consumer trends locally.
• Manage customer complaints and disputes to ensure they are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Carry out / assist the Technical Department with undertaking a construction feasibility review of potential sites
• Appraise the project buildability in conjunction with the Commercial Department and produce a resourced construction programme.
• Attend pre-planning, pre-tender and pre-start meetings to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed prior to commencement on site..
Business Development & Future Opportunities
• Become very knowledgeable in relation to the Company’s land bank and associated existing legal arrangements
• Assist in identifying development opportunities for the Company’s land bank.
• Take a leading role in winning new business with possible future commercial Tenants / Customers
• Assist the Marketing Department in preparing Development Briefs and Proposals as required.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience in performing a similar management role.
• Ability to input into and influence, the strategic plan for the business unit from a construction/production perspective, and to deliver it
• Entrepreneur skills, breadth of view beyond traditional approaches
• Strong networker, totally committed to community involvement
• Good standard of financial literacy & analytical skills
• Good working knowledge of buying and quantity surveying activities
• A good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements is preferred.
• Experience in the procurement and purchase of materials and sub contract labour.
• Ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
• Demonstrable and effective organisational skills
• Travel/ Driving licence/ Vehicle
To register your interest, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org call 01-632-1200 to discuss.