Motorways Network Inspector x2
€Neg + transport
Motorways Network Inspectors Required for Motorways Maintenance & Renewal Contract in Nenagh & Athlone.
The Motorways Network Inspector will be part of the asset management team with responsibility to inspect and monitor the Network to ensure it is maintained in a safe and serviceable condition and take action for any non-compliance of the contract service requirements.
This will be achieved through daily patrols of the Network, Safety Inspections, inspections of temporary traffic management and detailed inspections of Network assets.
All inspections and actions will be recorded using the Project’s bespoke routine maintenance management system.
The Motorways Network Inspector will perform detailed inspections of all structures on the Network. All inspections will be recorded on the Client’s asset management system(Eirspan).
Work orders will be raised to carry out remedial works to any defects and following inspection all maintenance works will be recorded. The Motorways Network Inspector will form part of the Decision Maker rota for the delivery of winter service.
- Undertake Safety and Detailed Inspections as per the service requirements
- Keep accurate records of inspections and maintain and update the RMMS (Road Maintenance Management System)
- Validate all data for correctness and completeness before it is to be loaded onto the RMMS
- Gathering additional inventory information as new assets are added to the Network
- Gathering missing asset information and uploading onto the RMMS
- Support the preparation of insurance claims by producing road traffic accident and damage reports
- Support Incident Response Crews in the application and use of mobile RMMS devices
- Support Depot Managers in the application and use of RMMS
- Undertake temporary traffic management audits
- Perform the role of winter maintenance Decision Maker
- Perform inspection of street lighting across the Network
- Assist in the recording of routine maintenance activities onto the RMMS
- Monitor the performance of third parties on the Network by undertaking inspections of completed works, and measuring their performance against contracted service standards
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, the public and members of the senior management team
- Provide support and assistance to the EIWO Manager and Depot Managers as required
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Local Authority contacts, TII Representatives, the Emergency Services, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors & stakeholders
- Liaise with TII Representatives with regard to inspections & surveys
- Ensure compliance of Health, Safety and Environment aspects of all works to the highest standards
- Communicate with Line Manager & Senior management, providing progress information and identifying issues of concern in good time.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement
- Civil/Construction or related Certificate/Diploma/Degree
- Industry recognised safety-training to the relevant standard.
- Competent IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and reporting skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to the range of works required
- Flexibility with regard working time arrangements and travel requirements
- Full Driving licence
- Civil Engineering works or roads maintenance experience.
- Working on delivery of projects governed/delivered to TII DMRB Standards
- Working with High Speed Traffic Management desirable
- An understanding of the demands of a pressurised environment
- Experience of delivering projects and dealing with effects of inclement weather conditions
- Experience & Knowledge of at least one of; Surface Water Drainage systems, Pavements, Road Surface Treatments, Signage, Bridge Structures or Earthworks / Landscaping.
- Compliance with strict Highways operational regulations from the Client
- Demonstrable knowledge & experience of implementing Health and Safety policies, procedures & processes.
- Winter maintenance activity experience - optional
- Incident Response Co-ordination experience - optional
To register your interest, please send CV to email@example.com or call 01-632-1200