Our client is an international construction company with a turnover of more than €1bn. Headquartered in Ireland, they have domestic operations in Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland and international operations in Europe and the United Arab Emirates.
Due to their continuous success in Ireland, they are now in the market for an experienced Buyer to join their Dublin based team.
• Servicing allocated requisitions by undertaking and managing the procurement of materials for projects in line with Company procedures
• Attend procurement meetings and support project teams as required
• Agreement / Maintenance of supplier rates & supplier agreements in liaison with Procurement Manager
• Drive mandatory compliance and optimise use of all Company Preferred Agreements whether direct or via 3rd party
• Supporting and maintain preferred supplier relationships through participating and co-ordinating regular review meetings
• Working with the Procurement Manager to promote and drive use of e-catalogues by sites as required
• Feedback product development information and market intelligence into the Company business
• Promoting best value rather than lowest price
• Manage and resolve accounts queries as and when they arise
Experience & Skills
• Highest ethical standards and awareness
• Acute attention to detail
• A strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build constructive relationships
• Underpinning Training & CPD
• 2 Plus Years' experience in a similar role within the Construction Industry
• Knowledge of the Construction Industry and a good knowledge of material suppliers.
• Proficient in Excel
• Desirable Training:
• Building Regulations Knowledge
• IIPMM or CIPS Qualified or equivalent or working towards same
To register your interest in this position, please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 091 564008.