Technical Manager (Apartments)
€Neg + package
Our client is a leading residential developer with a reputation for delivery high-quality homes across Dublin and Leinster.
Due to continued growth, they have an opening for a Technical Manager.
Responsibility for the design and technical aspects of the project; managing and coordinating technical information from grant of planning permission through to project completion. The role will also from time to time entail advising the Planning Team on buildability and value engineering matters.
• Managing external consultants and specialist subcontractors with Design Responsibilities, ensuring delivery against the brief and design within set timescales and budgets.
• Delivering to programme and adopt a ‘best value’ approach, which seeks to minimise costs and maximise value
• Ensuring all aspects of the building design are fully coordinated, including but not restricted to, structures, M&E, façades, internal specification, service strategies and maintenance strategies.
• Chairing Design Team meetings and workshops
• Aiding the PM to develop and manage the Design Programme which forms part of the broader Master Development Programme
• Managing the Design Development process during the Preconstruction/Procurement/Build stages to ensure the timely production of coordinated Design Team information to enable ’s procurement and construction/ start on site.
• Ensuring Quality is in integral through the detailed design process, delivering quality across schemes through accurate design, suitable product specification and driving design compliance.
• Ensuring technical specifications are produced in line with the agreed sales specification, within the sales and budget constraints, while working closely with the project team, in-house architects and external design team partners.
• Overseeing the shop drawing production process for specialist subcontractors with Design Responsibility.
• Ensuring that all required Technical Submittal approvals are delivered to facilitate the project programme.
• Working with the Design Team to resolve clearance of planning conditions, building regulation approval, project insurance conditions, party wall conditions and BER certification.
• Ensuring translation of the planning scheme into an efficient and workable commercial solution.
• Liaising with the in-house design and planning teams to ensure planning applications are technically compliant with all statutory standards.
• Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Architecture or equivalent; 5+ years post-qualification experience
• Experience in the design and detailing of mixed-use residential led schemes, preferably high rise.
• Previous developer/house builder essential.
• Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
• Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
A comprehensive package will be offered to the successful candidate including bonus, health, pension, CPD.
To register your interest, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-632-1200 to discuss.